Someone else's Destiny
Say hello to my new cousin Destiny. She looks just like my brother when he was a baby. If you look close you will see her blue eyes. Destiny was supposed to be the name of my first child after I read this book in junior high but I guess Ebonie got there first. By looking at her I can tell you right now that Ebonie is going to have a lot of trouble, because this girl is going to be a knock-out. But hopefully I can get to her before it's too late, but then again it's never too late. Ebonie and Destiny will be heading to Hawaii to be with my aunt Rena while Dexter [ the baby daddy] is in Iraq. Some ass was harassing Ebonie by beating at her door and shit like that. It was probably someone Ebonie bad mouth, but you never know. Either way Destiny is on her way to a place that she won't remember, but will brag about going when she's older.It trips me out how peaceful she looks. She reminds of this poem:
SHE walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meets in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which Heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress
Or softly lightens o'er her face,
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
And on that cheek and o'er that brow
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent.
It's perfect. I love you Destiny.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home