A Queen Among Commoners

Still trying to find myself.....Where are you Beach???!!!

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Thick and Thin

Race. The subject is everywhere I look these days. I don't know if I'm subconsciously looking for it or if the majority of people in this country are obsessed with it. Growing up in the South I have always noticed race, I noticed when I was a freshman that at lunch and in classrooms we segregated ourselve and no one seems to care. I read a blog that asked the question - Can minorities be prejudice? Well yes. I think we are the biggest racist there are in America next to the KKK. I see how white people tip toe around us because they're affraid to say something that would label them a racist. I think this gives us a sense of power. I'm black and I hear what people say about my race and I hear what my race says about others. In my AP Gov class Am I racist? See that's the question of the century...I try not to be, but with all the negativity I've grown up around I sometimes find myself saying things that make me wonder about myself. But actually I don't really care what race you are, if I hate you I'm going to hate you from the inside out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home