A Queen Among Commoners

Still trying to find myself.....Where are you Beach???!!!

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Yes Sir, Mr. President.

Vote or DIE!!!!! CAN YOU believe it? In a couple of hours we will have [this is a fairly high possibility] a new or old president. In my whole life I have never awaited election day with so much anxiousness. It's like when you're little and you have a field trip the next day and you can't sleep, that's how I'm feeling right now. I'm a senior now so I really have to care, the person who is chosen will have a great impact on the next four years of my life. What if the bastard decides to cut financial aid funding or some crap like that? I would be stuck out of luck.

I'm black so I'm supposed to be a democrat, right? Wrong. I'm not either or. The way I see it, it's just picking between the lesser of two evils (Nadar doesn't count). My grandmother is voting for Kerry because she says, "Bush don't care nothin' 'bout no Niggers. He didn't even want to talk to the NAACP." I tried to point out that a president talking to the NAACP is just a hoax anyway, a play set up to keep the black folk happy, but she won't listen to me. Her philosophy: Pick the one who promises more for blacks. Sigh. I tried.

Then there is my uncle. Good old Junior who is almost 40 and living at home with his momma. He was raving today because he saw a pole on television that said most blacks are going to vote for Bush. O you should have heard him. I was in the bathroom handling my business when I heard him and I didn't know which of us was more full of it. How can he act like a big political analysis when he leaves his room about twice a day. That made me so damn mad I wanted to cuss him out but I didn't. Okay, it might sound like I'm all for Bush, but I'm not, I just feel sorry for the poor guy. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because he's a Texas boy or this might help you out: I go against everything my people (family) say because I hate for them to be right. Does that help? Actually I don't care if they are right, but I hate their single mindedness about things.

I wish we could get Clinton back. Those were the good ol' days, back when all we had to worry about were stains on dresses and nothing.

I came up with a solution for getting more people to vote: Tale them that they can't anymore. You'll Neva see so many people foaming at the mouth. People who have never even pretended to vote in school will jump up and rally against my YOU CAN'T VOTE bill, I can see an interview now:

Reporter: Billy Bob, why are you against this bill?
Billy Bob: Because I think it ain't right that I can't sit on my ass and not vote.

Well Billy Bob is right though, that's what America's all about: Sitting on your ass if you want to. Maybe that's my problem: I need to learn that assholes have rights, too.

Well now that all of that is out of my system I can finally hit the hay. "Sleep tight, ya morons!" [Chapter 7, pg. 52 of The Catcher in the Rye.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home